RSTP Trainer - French Speaking
(35 hours/week, fixed contract ending on August, 2023)
Catholic Crosscultural Services (CCS) is a settlement agency providing a wide range of services to immigrants and refugees regardless of race, religion or status. The Refugee Sponsorship Training Program (RSTP) is administered by the CCS. RSTP provides nation-wide services to address the training, information and support needs of groups involved in the Private Sponsorship of Refugees (PSR) and Blended Visa Office Referred (BVOR) programs.
Catholic Crosscultural Services (CCS) is seeking an RSTP Trainer who will be able to deliver services in both English and French. The RSTP Trainer will work as part of the RSTP team and expand RSTP's services to the francophone communities across Canada.
- Work in cooperation with the RSTP management and other team members to develop and deliver training in French to sponsors involved in the PSR and BVOR programs.
- Develop specific French training modules for training workshops addressing basic and advanced training needs and interests.
- Host, organize and deliver a set number of workshops and webinars in French by identifying topics and speakers, promoting and moderating sessions.
- Assist Francophone refugee sponsors (SAHs, Groups of Five and Community Sponsors) so they are able to submit successful PSR and BVOR application packages.
- Provide assistance in French to refugee sponsors (SAHs, Groups of Five and Community Sponsors) and newcomers in managing post-arrival issues, including managing expectations, secondary migration, disagreements, disputes and the "echo effect".
- Develop connections and partnerships with Francophone service providers, settlement agencies, communities and institutions so they are able to participate in refugee sponsorship and support newcomers referred to them.
- Outreach and training on the BVOR program to potential sponsors in the Francophone community.
- Share information and respond to enquires in French language via various media with SAHs, Groups of Five, Community Sponsors and others interested in sponsoring refugees.
- Update existing RSTP materials and work with others to develop and distribute new materials in user-friendly formats in French.
- Contribute to the development of French written materials for posting on the RSTP website.
- Continuously monitor, analyze and interpret-policy or operational changes affecting the PSR and BVOR programs and incorporate them in training and information sharing activities.
- Liaison with IRCC, UNHCR and IOM and representatives of the sponsorship community and other partners to gather and share information as well organize training sessions.
- Assist in preparing regular internal and external reports detailing project activities and progress on deliverables by the required deadlines.
- Administrative responsibilities as required.
- The minimum level of education required is a Community College Diploma in Social Services or related fields or the equivalent in training and experience.
- Experience in refugee sponsorship or working in the area of refugee protection and or resettlement of refugees
- Experience with and knowledge of global refugee migration system, Canada's immigration, resettlement and refugee protection policies, and the Private Sponsorship of Refugees program
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in French is mandatory with the ability to deliver service (written and oral) in both languages.
- Highly developed skills in preparing and presenting training sessions and supporting materials.
- Proven experience in research and analysis of information and presentation in clear and concise language.
- Experience in the development of curriculum and materials and delivery of adult education programs to diverse groups and in multiple formats.
- Experience with delivering training and network-supports in a web-based environment.
- Experience in maintaining a website, writing for a website and use of social medial for training and information sharing.
- Knowledge or experience in the development of training/informational videos is an asset.
- Proven skill in working productively with people with diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to travel within Canada and work weekends and evenings as required.
Reports to: RSTP Director
Location: Toronto or any other cities where RSTP has an office
Hours of work: 35 hours per week, including evenings, weekends and occasional overtime as required.
to apply: Please refer to CCS job
portal on https://ccs.sutihr.com/jobs Requisition Code ON353 no later than August 31, 2022
‘’ Vaccination remains the most effective tool to reduce the risk of COVID 19. CCS is committed to ensuring the health and safety of our employees in the workplace, and therefore CCS requires all employees to provide proof of vaccination OR to submit to regular, frequent antigen testing at the expense of the employee.’’
CCS is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.